Chipotle BBQ Chicken Skewers
Adapted from Mussleman's
Barbecue means summer and with these simple skewers, you’re one step closer to the title of grillmaster. Chipotle peppers
provide a subtle kick and our
Midnight in Pearis pear butter lends a natural sweetness and spices to the sauce. Pineapples, sweet red onions,
and bacon create a tropical air and a sweet and salty counterpoint.
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 26 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 thick-cut bacon strips
- Pineapple chunks
- Sweet onion chunks
- 2/3 cup sweet barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup
Midnight in Pearis
- 1-1/2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium or medium-low heat. (Between 300-350°.)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch bite-sized pieces. Then cut the bacon into ¾ inch strips. Alternate threading the
chicken and bacon onto 8 skewers, leaving a bare handle on one end of each of 6 skewers. Sprinkle the chicken skewers
with salt and pepper.
- On other skewers, alternate pineapple and onion
- Place the barbeque sauce,
Midnight in Pearis, and chipotle peppers in the blender. Puree until smooth.
- Brush sauce mixture on both chicken skewers and pineapple and let sit for 1-2 hours in refrigerator
- Grill the chicken skewers for 4 minutes per side. Then brush the skewers with the chipotle pear BBQ sauce and grill another
3-4 minutes per side, until the edges of the bacon are crisp, but not burned. Grill pineapple and onion skewers alongside
without further sauce.
- Serve skewers together warm
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.