Chinese Meyer Lemon Chicken
Adapted from Rachel Ray
With half a cup of Sublemonal Message you’ll have a delicious dinner for four in no time. The Meyer lemon rind in our marmalade gives this stir-fry a burst of citrus flavor and saves you the time of zesting yourself. Rice wine vinegar and soy sauce up the savory factor resulting in a balanced, healthy dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon+ ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup Sublemonal Message
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Coat the chunked chicken lightly in flour, seasoned with a little salt.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok-shaped nonstick pan over high heat.
- Stir fry chicken until golden, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and return pan to heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and cook briefly just until garlic begins to brown.
- Add the rice wine vinegar to the pan and let it barely evaporate. Add stock or broth to the pan and scrape up any drippings with a whisk.
- Thin Sublemonal Message by stirring in 2 tablespoons hot water. Add to broth and whisk to combine. Add soy sauce and mix well.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken sauce and finish cooking chicken pieces through.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the scallion, and toss chicken pieces well to combine scallions evenly throughout the sauce.