Author Aleesha Patel | Savored Spoon
These vegan bars combine Berry Mature, coconut sugar, and nuts for a healthy, outrageously deliciously, anytime treat. You've got breakfast with a scoop of coconut yogurt or dessert with a single scoop of ice cream (coconut or vegan coffee/vanilla)!
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 26 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
1 cup rolled oats (can be made with gluten-free oats too)
1 cup raw almonds
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons coconut sugar (if using regular sugar, reduce amount to adjust for sweetness)
5 ½ tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
1-10oz jar of Berry Mature
2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
2 tablespoons roasted salted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° + line loaf pan with parchment paper
- Pulse oats, almonds, sea salt and coconut sugar in food processor (no large pieces to remain)
- Transfer to mixing bowl and massage in coconut oil using fingers
- Transfer to lined load pan and pat down flat evenly using fingers
- Bake for 15-20mins until lightly golden brown
- While crust is baking, add Berry Mature to saucepan and melt over low heat for 5 minutes
- Remove loaf pan when crust is lightly golden brown and pour in the jam, spreading evenly using a spoon. If you plan to add a nut butter and/or crushed seeds, this is the right time to add it in and swirl it into the Berry Mature (using a knife or the back of your spoon).
- Bake again for 15 minutes or until the jam is bubbly
- Remove and let it cool completely (2-3 hours) before slicing into 8 pieces and enjoying!
- Suggest storing in the refrigerator (keeps for 3 days at least, if you have left overs!)